After you receive dentures, it is crucial that you take good care of your appliance. This will help keep your dentures in good condition and help prevent problems with your appliance.
The Importance of Caring For Your Dentures
In order to provide you with the best possible results, your dentures need to remain in good condition. If your dentures do not fit or function properly, or become broken, it will affect not only your appearance but also your oral health and function. Your dentures may even cause additional damage if they are broken or poorly fitted. This makes taking care of your dentures key to maintaining your smile.
How To Care For Your Dentures
Our dentist and team recommend that you:
- Do not try to make any adjustments on your own. You could damage your denture or your mouth if you try to adjust the appliance yourself.
- Follow all instructions provided by our dentist for wearing and cleaning your dentures.
- Brush your dentures daily, taking care to brush all surfaces. When brushing, use a denture cream instead of toothpaste. Toothpaste is abrasive and may scratch your dentures.
- Rinse your dentures in cold water. Do not use hot water or put your dentures in the dishwasher, as this can cause warping.
- Inspect your dentures regularly for wear and other damage.
- When not wearing your dentures, cover them in water or with a denture cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Make and keep all your regular appointments with our dentist. Part of your regular exams will include checking the condition of your dentures and providing any maintenance they may need, such as relining, rebasing or repairs.
- Keep us informed of any medications you are taking, as some medications may affect your oral health and the fit and function of your dentures.
- If your dentures are loose or broken, schedule an appointment to have them checked as soon as possible.
To make an appointment with Dr. Farid Noie and learn more about denture care in Webster, Texas, please call Unicare Center for Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry today at 281-332-4700.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|