Your smile’s strength begins with a strong foundation, and healthy bone is at the core of that foundation. However, situations can arise where bone loss becomes a concern, whether due to injury, gum disease or tooth removal. Enter bone grafting: a remarkable procedure that has revolutionized dentistry by offering the means to restore and reinforce bone structure, thereby opening doors to successful treatments like dental implants.
Why Would I Need a Bone Graft?
Bone grafting becomes essential when bone loss threatens your oral health. Dr. Farid Noie might recommend a bone graft if:
- You are considering dental implants but lack sufficient bone to support them.
- Gum disease or infection has led to bone deterioration around your teeth.
- A tooth extraction has left an area with insufficient bone for future restoration.
What to Expect
If you are considering bone grafting, here is a brief overview of what the process involves at Unicare Center for Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry:
- Evaluation: Our dentist will assess your bone health and overall oral condition.
- Procedure: A specialized graft material — which can be sourced from various origins — is placed in the targeted area.
- Integration: Over time, your body naturally incorporates the graft material, stimulating new bone growth.
- Recovery: Post-procedure care and follow-up appointments will ensure a smooth healing process.
Benefits of Bone Grafting
- Enables successful placement of dental implants by creating a sturdy base.
- Preserves facial contours and prevents a sunken appearance caused by bone loss.
- Strengthens adjacent teeth by maintaining bone density and structure.
- Enhances the longevity of restorative dental work.
- Reduces the risk of complications during dental procedures.
In essence, bone grafting serves as a cornerstone in modern dentistry’s ability to restore not only smiles but also oral health and confidence. If you are seeking to fortify your smile’s foundation, call us today at 281-332-4700 to schedule a consultation and explore the possibilities of bone grafting in Webster, Texas.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|